Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Unlimited Potential to Make Your Dreams Come True

I was thinking about something the other day. Its a question you've often heard from many motivational and educational speakers.

I think its worth repeating over and over again.

What is the one thing that you would do if you knew you couldn't fail?

Or put a different way, if you had $1,000,000 ($1 million) dollars and you could do whatever it is you wanted to do, what would you being doing?

The answer to these questions can point you in the direction of what just may be your life's work.

Why am I even bothering to talk about this? And why, right now? We'll I remember going through these questions and even though I'm older (and hopefully wiser) I still ask myself these questions and I still come up with same answers:

I'd be doing music.

Preferably performing with a live band similar to The Roots. And no matter how much I try to "do" something else. I still have this yearning or passion to perform live on stage with my own band. I mean I've performed with a live band several times and those were some of my most high energy performance. To put it simply, I felt great.

No other feeling for me can substitute that feeling of being on stage rockin' out with a band.

Now, am I saying this is what every artist should feel like? Nope.
Am I saying this should be every artist ultimate goal? Nope.
Am I saying this is the only way to be involved in the music business? Nope again!!!

What I am saying is this IS my calling. Even if I'm not performing on stage, I'm always doing something music related. It maybe behind the scenes helping out another artist. It may be making beats, it may be writing this blog, recording a podcast or video, or teaching aspiring artists how to break in the music business.

Whatever it is, you can rest assured, that music is involved some kinda way.

So think about these questions long and hard. Give it your full concentration. Set aside some time just to reflect on the answers to these questions. They may give you just the right insight you need to move forward in your music career or even to a career that you desire more than music. Who knows? You may discover deep down that music ain't for you but you love writing graffiti and drawing. You'll never know until you follow your heart...

Mello Melanin, The Instrumentalist
www.RapBeatCreator.com

P.S. Time waits for no man. Get busy moving in the direction in which you want to see you life unfold.

No comments: