Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Jay Z, Kanye, Madonna Join Stevie Wonder's Florida Boycott In Wake Of Zimmerman Verdict (REPORT, UPDATES)

Jay Z, Kanye, Madonna Join Stevie Wonder's Florida Boycott In Wake Of Zimmerman Verdict (REPORT, UPDATES)

Whassup Peeps?

In reference to the link above, I'm glad to see some of the most elite names in the entertainment industry standing up and continuing to use their influence to protest against these unjust laws. I said I would speak on Trayvon Martin situation in my blog. I have already voiced my opinion on Facebook shortly after the verdict. One of my friends asked me what my thoughts were and I will share that post with you here:

"TJ, funny you should ask because my thoughts at the time of the post were not just singular. They went from rage to sorrow to helplessness to "I can't believe this bullshit" then back to "Yes I can believe this is the same ol' bullshit." And it ain't just the State of Florida that has a problem...not just the United States either. Its the consciousness we have individually and collectively that is the problem. Who are we really? I mean we must be something special because we keep getting held down from attempting to do our best. I was really angry yesterday & today I'm still upset but all that heat Im feeling in my my mind,body, & soul will be channeled into something positive like a song or a vote or an awareness campaign or something. We can't fight with the oppressive system using guns because that's a war we can't win. We can however use our Spiritual gifts to overcome this madness. Go do something nice for someone else today even if all you can do is pray. Some how some way some good will come out of this." 

We as a nation should not let this event die down and get swept under the rug. Nor should we allow ourselves to get distracted by the media by things like the birth of the Royal baby. No offense to the Royal Family but that ain't got nothin' to do with what's really going on right now in America who by the way is still an offspring of the United Kingdom but that's another post.

There have been many protest since the Zimmerman verdict and I hope they continue because these "incidents" continue to happen. Right now some injustice is being done to someone somewhere. What are we, the people, going to do about it?

Let's Make It Happen!!!

Mello Melanin, The Hot Instrumentalist

No comments: