Friday, July 26, 2013

Progress Report: Twelve Powers Project

Whassup Peeps, 

As some of you may know I'm working on my first solo album, The Twelve Powers Project. This album came to me as an idea in 2003 shortly after my California Tour with KRS-ONE and I started working on it as soon as the idea popped in my head. The problem was I got side tracked doing various other "things" and I lost my focus after only writing one verse for one song. 

The idea came to me again in 2010 and I started writing and I actually completed a few songs. Fast forward to 2013 and at this point I have about 4 songs to go before I'm done writing. 

So what is this album about you say?

There will be an official press release and one sheet and all of the industry standard stuff. For the moment I can tell you that this album is how to empower yourself and others to live life to its fullest by calling up Twelve Powers that dwell in you and everyone else. The problem is not many people know how to access these Powers or even that they exist. This information is not taught in public or private schools that I know of.

Is this Gospel Rap?

Well, yes and no. It more food for your Spirit. I'm still spittin' lyrically creative rhymes and I will never depart from that but my focus on this project is to introduce Truth to my fan base and share what I know with the more enlightened. In alignment with the definition of gospel from Wikipedia, it is a proclamation of good news, either oral or written, typically announcing a positive event of public importance. 

What do I hope to accomplish with this project?

This project will accomplish several things publicly and personally. Personally, I have always wanted to do a solo project and I've been putting it off. Also, I've just want to share this knowledge and my experiences with it with as many people as I can. 

I'm really looking to finish having it written and recorded by the end of 2013. I will continue to press on towards that goal. 

I will keep you posted on my progress. 

Let's Make It Happen!!!

Mello Melanin, The Hot Instrumentalist

No comments: