Saturday, April 12, 2014

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Hustlers: The Success Mindset Series Volume 1

Whassup Peeps?

I've embarked upon another adventure. Sometimes you don't know how much you've influenced a person's life until they actually tell you. One of my cousins, Dee The Makeup Artist, who is a long time entrepreneur (www.makeupexpert.net) told me earlier today that I should consider motivational speaking. She told me she admired me and how much I had influenced her as a businesswoman. While I do remember helping her out with her mindset concerning marketing and promotions, the rest of the 99% of her success was her doing. 

In light of our conversation, I have decided to create a success series called, "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Hustlers". It will be a collection of articles, podcasts, videos, and audiobooks that describe the main traits of successful people and put them in an easy to read format. I will give you real life examples of public and not so public figures who are truly hustlers in every sense of the word. You will begin to see a common thread among them and I will give an easy to follow formula for success. 

This formula is inspired by and is an adaptation of "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" by Stephen R. Covey. Although his book is a classic, timeless piece of work, it took me 3 times to get through it. The first 2 times I'll admit, I was young and some of the book I just didn't understand. There were a lot of words he used that were big to me at the time like "paradigm". Eventually though I got through it and I noticed some real changes in my life. 





What I'm doing is taking those same 7 Habits and making them so simple that a person with a high school diploma can understand them and put them into practice immediately. So be on the lookout for more tools from the Success Mindset Series. They say success is a journey, not a destination. I am putting my passion and my purpose to the test and I would like for you to experience this journey with me. 

Let's Make It Happen!!!

Mello Melanin

1 comment:

Dee the Makeup Artist said...

YAAAS, THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! SHOW THEM WHAT YOU ARE MADE OF...KNOWLEDGE!