Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Did You See Kanye West & Sway On MTV Last Night?

Photo Credit: Justin Borucki

Did anyone happen to catch the MTV special "Choose or Lose & Kanye West Present: Homecoming"? I thought it was great! Here is someone who's been ridiculed for one reason or another who goes out and actually helps someone he didn't know.

Now, I'm not saying that Kanye never helped anyone before this because I'm sure he has. It was just good to see him do this with war veterans from Iraq. The stories that these three people had were very touching. Yep, I said touching.

See even though they were being filmed giving away items, paying off the soldiers debts, etc., the point was that they were helping somebody who thought there was no end in sight to their misery. I give Mr. West a thumbs up fa sho for doing this.

These soldiers are dying everyday just so people like you and I can enjoy the freedoms that we have such as blogging or making your own beats or whatever. The stories of when they joined the military were even more chilling to me. They had joined pre-9/11. They weren't expecting to go to war and now they were living history. One man said he'd never even held a gun before. They were all young people too.

I know he only helped 3 people during the special but how many other lives were touched just by watching it?

Kanye knows what it's like to lose a loved one and I do too. I lost my uncle (R.I.P.) to a senseless murder by some teenagers the same day as his mom died. But those that are living must go on. Thanks Kanye West and MTV! We needed that...

For the full story click on the link below:

Kanye West And MTV Hear Veterans' Stories In 'Homecoming' - News Story Music, Celebrity, Artist News MTV News

Let's Make It Happen!!!

Mello Melanin, The Hot Instrumentalist
www.RapBeatCreator.com

No comments: