Sunday, July 6, 2008

Lil Wayne: Tha Carter III Album Review


Wow! Easily one of the most anticipated albums of the year, Tha Carter III by Lil Wayne is okay if that's what you like. I'll admit, there are some bangers on the album and it even comes with a bonus disc. But man, come on, all the topics are pretty much the same.
Okay dude, you can freestyle. No one can deny that. That's great. But I challenge Wayne to actually grab a pen and pad and sit down and be creative. I could only image how much BETTER this album would have been.
On the flip side of that: Kudos for Wayne for selling over 1 million records during the first week. And right now "A Milli" is killin' em on the underground and commercial levels. "Comfortable" is hot with Babyface and beat creator Kanye West on the track. "Mr. Carter" is a go as well as "Dr. Carter".
I guess some of the other joints will grow on me but right now that's what I'm feelin'. And on the bonus CD, there are only 2 out of the 5 that I could get into. The other 3 sound like half of the 1st disc...the same.
I won't say it's a classic yet but it could be...
Let's Make It Happen!!!
Mello Melanin, The Hot Instrumentalist

No comments: