Sunday, November 3, 2013

Celebrating Hip Hop History Month 2013 Day 3: Michael Jackson

Whassup Peeps?

Since I've been banned from using Facebook at my 9 to 5 gig (more like 6 to 6 but that's another story), I have taken to using my blog to promote Hip Hop History Month. This morning some of my coworkers and I were have a conversation about Micheal Jackson

I mentioned to them that Micheal Jackson's name is listed in The Gospel of Hip Hop as popularizing one of the 9 elements called Breakin. Breakin is the study and application of street dance forms. The style of Breakin that the King of Pop used was primarily a technique called Lockin. 

Here is the Michael gettin' down in one of my favorite videos, "Smooth Criminal". 



If you're interested in learning more about The Gospel of Hip Hop and The Temple of Hip Hop check out the link below at Amazon.com:


*********




Let's Make It Happen!!!

Mello Melanin
The Rap Beat Creator, Emcee, and Hip Hop Scholar
www.RapBeatCreator.com

No comments: