Monday, June 16, 2008

2 of Hiphop's Greatest Beat Makers Battle in L.A.

I'm surprised I didn't hear about this earlier. DJ Pete Rock vs. DJ Premier going back and forth on the wheels of steel. I woulda love to be a fly on the wall in that joint. I've been rockin' to both of these cats since the early 90's. I gotta say I missed a good one and I feel even more outta place because it happened on April 18, 2008.
And I'm just hearing about it today!!!

Any true head should know how these two legends are. I mean, I still rock Mecca and The Soul Brother like it came out yesterday. And who ain't noddin' their head when Mass Appeal comes on by Gangstarr (produced by DJ Premier). If you haven't heard of these two then you're either mad young or been under a rock for all of your life.
I've seen both of these guys live separately but to see them together would've been a treat. I'm mean look at this crowd:


Here are some other close up pics. All photos courtesy of Scifen:





This is CLASSIC Hiphop!!!!

Let's Make It Happen!!!

Mello Melanin, The Hot Instrumentalist

P.S. Get Ya Skills Up! Learn How To Create Rap Beats For CASH like DJ Premier & Pete Rock. Click Here For More Info!

No comments: