Sunday, June 15, 2008

Do Your Rap Beats Make Kids Dance?

Happy Father's Day to all my dads out there!

Last week I created a beat that was pretty simple. Its actually in its beginning stages but it should be pretty hot (by my opinion) once its completed. Right now it just basic with a kick, a snap, hi hat, & a melody. It's just enough for me to figure out where I want to go with the beat.

I created it in the wee hours of the morning then I went to bed. After I woke up and began moving around in the house, I put the beat on so I could remember what I was working with and my daughter came in the room and started to dance.

I was buggin'!!! She's only 4 years old and it brought something to mind that Snoop Dog said years ago: create music that even a 3 year old can understand.

So this is my question to you - Do you create rap beats that make kids want to dance? Even if you like complex beats, you still should have a few simple beats in your catalog. Listen to the radio and I'll bet you the songs in the top 10 all have simple beats. There's nothing wrong with complex, detailed beats but simple sells.

Just something to think about...

Let's Make It Happen!!!

Mello Melanin, The Hot Instrumentalist

P.S. If you want to learn more about creating rap beats for money click here!!!

No comments: