Friday, May 29, 2009

How to make a vision come to life

What's up to my dedicated readers? I'm glad you're here for many reasons. Some people who follow me by blog and/or email have expressed how much they appreciate what I do and that's a great feeling.

Well, I've added another weapon to my arsenal. If you checked out my last blog you know I already use a webcam. The thing about the webcam that I don't like is that the video is very "grainy". No I didn't get the top of the line but I didn't get the bottom of the barrel either.

I did however have an 8mm analog video camera that had plenty of good show footage that I wanted to put on the web. The only problem was the video capturing devices that were on the market a couple of years ago were more than what I wanted to pay.

Well, (and this is why I love eBay) I found a video capture device for $15.00 with NO shipping fees...

...And it was shipped from Asia!!! How crazy is that?

It arrived at my house in about 7 days so immediately went to work to test it out. The only problem I had was that my old computer wasn't strong enough to capture from an 8mm camera. It would only capture from digital video camera. And if you've been following me since January you know what kind of computer issues I was having. Blah, Blah, Blah!

Now that the computer issue is straighten out, I can use my $15.00 video capture device with my $30.00 camcorder and make a million dollars by next Friday right? Not likely but I will be able to do more live product reviews, online interviews, etc.

I tested everything out last night and the quality of the video is GREAT!!!

So whether you want to learn how to make beats online, watch me make a beat, or get some good marketing and promotions tips, you'll be able to see all of this live with your own eyes instead of just reading and hearing about it.

I'll still continue to do The Rap Beat Creator Podcast (Episode 6 coming soon) but like I said the video is a new weapon in my arsenal. After all, you can never have too many guns, right?

Holla!!!

Let's Make It Happen!!!

Mello Melanin, The Hot Instrumentalist
www.RapBeatCreator.com
www.MusicMarketingPromotions.com

***************************************

No comments: