Monday, August 3, 2009

Rest In Peace Baatin of Slum Village


I found out about this yesterday. Titus (Baatin) Glover of the group Slum Village passed away this weekend. He was only 35 years old. He will truly be missed.

On a personal level, I had a chance to host a show that Slum Village headlined and that is the memory I will always have of him. It was at the Apache Cafe and the place was packed. When Slum ran down their catalog, EVERYBODY in the crowd seemed to be rockin' with them, word for word.

I also remember promoting "Fantastic Vol.2" here in Atlanta for months. Putting posters & flyers out all over town for Goodvibe Records back around 2000 for Slum Village. Those were some of the best of times for me in my life and I feel good to know that I had some good influence on this man and his group's career.

That's how I want to be remembered, on stage, crowed packed, and everybody singing my songs. Baatin Rest In Peace Brother. You will be missed.

Let's Make It Happen!!!

Mello Melanin, The Hot Instrumentalist

*********************************************************

No comments: