Monday, August 31, 2009

What Is Your "Why" For Making Beats?

I've been working on this blog post in my mind for several days now. I learned this question from a top producing real estate broker several years ago. I was at a seminar and he was the main speaker. One of the things he said that really stuck out then and it still rings in my head today is: What is your "Why" for doing what you're doing?

What he meant by your "Why" was what is your core motivation for doing what you want to do. What are you primary reasons?

That really struck a lasting note for me and every so often I ask my self that question.

What is my "Why" for being in the music business?
What is my "Why" for making beats?

My "Why's" may be different from your "Why's" but its crucial to identify what your "Why's" are.

Some of my "Why's" for being in the music business include being passionate about my art and being in control of my own destiny. I am big fan of being self-employed or operating a true business where you don't even have to be present for it to operate.

Another "Why" would be because I like to travel and the music business gives me the ability to do just that. Its great to get paid to perform in a place you've never been to but have always wanted to go. I've been from Vermont to California because of my involvement in the music business.

Some of my "Why's" for making beats include being able to record lyrics whenever I want and with the sounds I want. I want the music to sound as close to what's in my head as possible. Another "Why" is the ability to create another stream of income. The music producer gets credit for writing songs as well.

So there you have it. Think about his question and memorize it. Use it as a gauge to constantly measure how you feel about making music. Once you know your "Why", its like you'll always have an internal compass to guide you on your path to success.

Let's Make It Happen!!!

Mello Melanin, The Hot Instrumentalist
www.TheRapBeatCreator.com
www.Free-Hot-Rap.com

*****************************************************

No comments: