Friday, November 7, 2008

Who Is JAX?


I just wanted to put this tribute up for my man JAX. I bought his "Observe LP" over 9 years ago and I've been playing it every since he made his transition. I remember giving him the money and him putting the CD in my hand. I think we were at the Yin Yang Cafe which is now called the Apache Cafe.

Tonight was JAX's wake and its always hard to see someone I know in a casket.

What made it easier for me is that he had on some Hiphop gear instead of a suit...

...and the fam is laying him to rest in a B.I.N.K.I.S. Recs shirt.

BTW, B.I.N.K.I.S. stands for Before Ignorant Niggas Killed Intelligent Songs. JAX loved B.I.N.K.I.S. and B.I.N.K.I.S. loved JAX.

Brother, I miss you. It was hard for me to see you lying in state but I know that your body is not YOU. You are with us always and now you've joined the rest of the angels.

I put together this little movie and in the background is one of your songs from your Observe LP, rightly titled, "Who Is JAX?" I hope you enjoy it. Its my first movie and I couldn't think of a better subject.

Rest In Peace...






Let's Make It Happen!!!

Mello Melanin, The Hot Instrumentalist
www.RapBeatCreator.com

****************************************

No comments: