Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Celebrating Hip Hop History Month 2013 Day 5: What is Graffiti?

Whassup Peeps?

I have to be honest with myself and you too. Although I do know plenty about the culture of Hip Hop, there is one element I need to brush up on and that is Graffiti Art. According to The Gospel of Hip Hop, Graffiti Art is the study and application of street calligraphy, art and handwriting.

I do know the history of Graffiti Art goes back to ancient times and begins with hieroglyphics and cuneiform. Modern Graffiti Art can be seen on murals and other types surfaces. In the essence of time and attention spans, I have included the Wikipedia link on Graffiti Art bellow:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graffiti

I have also researched some history on Youtube.com that you can check out too.


If you're interested in learning more about The Gospel of Hip Hop, The Temple of Hip Hop, and Hip Hop's elements, check out the link below at Amazon.com:



*********




Let's Make It Happen!!!

Mello Melanin
The Rap Beat Creator, Emcee, and Hip Hop Scholar
www.RapBeatCreator.com

No comments: