Saturday, November 16, 2013

Deejay Spotlight: DJ Magic Mike - Day 16: Celebrating Hip Hop History 2013

Whassup Peeps?

To celebrate Hip Hop History Month today I want to put the spotlight on DJ Magic Mike. Magic Mike has been puttin' it down for years and was a pioneer in the era of Miami Bass. Yes, I was definitely influenced by New York and Hip Hop in general from the late 70's and early 80's but since I'm from Atlanta, I was also heavily influenced by the "Southern Bass Movement". The Miami Bass sound changed the way records sounded and influenced the whole culture of Hip Hop. 

DJ Magic Mike had a few songs that I used to play non-stop especially since I had "the boomin' system" in my ride. In the south, there was a period of time when the person who had the car with the most bass was "the man!" Two of my favorites songs by Magic Mike were "Drop That Bass Part 2" and "Feel The Bass". I used to ride around the city playin' those songs on full blast.

Here's DJ Magic Mike below mixin', cuttin' and scratchin' live on a YouTube video. I've also included "Drop That Bass Part 2" so you could feel what I felt back in the day....and still do now!!! 

Check it out and let me know what you think...


*************


**************

If you're interested in learning more about The Gospel of Hip Hop, The Temple of Hip Hop, and Hip Hop's elements, check out the link below at Amazon.com:



*********





Let's Make It Happen!!!



Mello Melanin
The Rap Beat Creator, Emcee, and Hip Hop Scholar

No comments: