Monday, November 18, 2013

"Vocabulary Spills, I'm Ill" - Day 18: Hip Hop History Month 2013

Whassup Peeps?

I was rackin' my brain tryin' to figure out what to write on today's Hip Hop element, Street Language. I can remember many times where I've used slang or ebonics to communicate with someone who had no earthly idea of what I was talking about. 

One guy I used to work with even understood me to say "go home to your house" after I told him to "take it to the house". What I meant was, "your work day is over for today. Please come here to headquarters because you won't be doing anything else for today." 

So here's what I've done for the day. I found a song that describes this perfectly. Its called 
"Ebonics" by the late Big L. Enjoy!


**********

If you're interested in learning more about The Gospel of Hip Hop, The Temple of Hip Hop, and Hip Hop's elements, check out the link below at Amazon.com:



*********


Let's Make It Happen!!!

Mello Melanin
The Rap Beat Creator, Emcee, and Hip Hop Scholar

No comments: